Saturday, April 18, 2009

Babysitting Princesses


Can I just say how much fun my grandkids are!!! While Brian and Ann were painting their house before moving in they decided to spend the nights there so they could start early and work late. Their house is in Eagle Mountain and is an hour one way to their apartment or 45 min to our house so they left the girls with us for 3 days!! I knew they had alot of energy and would keep me hopping so I planned on doing nothing for those days except to take care of them, but I didn't realize how exhaustingly fun they would be. Melody was trying to scoot to get around and I tried to get her to come to me. Then Elise jumped in-- I should say -- on. While we had the girls we became fasinated by Melody's fixation with her tongue. She would stick it out constantly and swish it around her lips. It is so hilarious!

We watched Disney princesses sing and dance time after time. I called Elise "Princess Elise, but she said she is Cinderella and Grandma is "Sleeping Beauty" and Jenny is "Belle"... good to know! After 3 days of constant go I thought I'd be ready for some relaxation, but when they left... I missed them. I want them back! I will look forward to the next time my Princesses come to stay and look forward to the time Prince Gavin gets to visit, too. Grandkids are the BEST!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We couldn't have done all that stuff if it weren't for you guys. Glad you had so much fun taking your beatings :) And yes that girl sure loves her tounge! In a few months you'll get them again when we go to Jackson!

Jen said...

What cute princesses! Melody is so cute with her tongue. Gavin sticks his out like a snake. We miss y'all so much